Methodism in Pratt began in 1884, soon after the Prairie Pioneer homesteaders came rumbling along in their prairie schooners. These devout Methodist Christians had courage and boundless faith—faith in the soil, in themselves and above all in God. Largely a sprout from the church in Iuka, they first worshiped in a public hall. A small white frame building was their first home, built in 1886. This burned in April 1895 and was replaced the same year. The church grew and a brick building was erected in 1914 which served the congregation for 50 years. A red brick Education Building was built in 1953, but with a growing city and a membership of 1500 it was evident that a new structure was needed. The incentive for a new building came with a $200,000.00 gift for a Sanctuary by Mrs. Minnie Brown in 1958. Plans moved slowly but in 1965 the congregation voted to build on the same site. Construction was begun in September of 1966.
On this strategic location at the intersection of two main highways 54 and 281, and near the heart of the growing business, social and educational life of the beautiful and thriving city of Pratt, the church has been erected to meet the needs of its people. Here Methodists continue to bear witness to their faith in God and to their Christian compassion. The lovely steeple with the cross and circle are a constant and silent witness to God's redemption and eternity. May this structure ever be an instrument of God through which we can build a new era of Christian life and service in the second century of the Pratt story. With God's help we believe it will.